Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mr. Wonderful

Sorry I haven’t blogged in a few days…I have been attempting to complete those 10 loads of laundry that has been haunting my dreams. I am down 3 loads…only 7 more to go! By the time I am think I am finished I will have accumulated 10 more.

Today, I am blogging on something I think a lot of girls can relate to. Recently I started reading at night. I did this several years ago but I gave up on trying to finish a book. I would start a book when I crawled in bed at night then after reading 2 pages I would fall asleep. I figured after a year and I had only got to page 60, I should give up trying. However, over the past few weeks I have picked up the hobby again (it is an excuse to skip the gym.) I have read 2 love stories (Nora Roberts & Nicholas Sparks) in less than a month and I have already felt myself changing. You know how a girl does…you start to feel all warm and fuzzy and the need to be romantic overwhelms you. By the end of the book, you think the story should be about your life and you do all you can to incorporate the lives of Mr. and Mrs. Wonderful into your own relationship. Okay maybe I am crazy! Maybe I am the only girl in the world that thinks this way! But, over the past few days I have found myself getting mad at “Tim the Tool Man Taylor” for not quitting his job and spending long days walking on the beach hand in hand while he whispers sweet nothings into my ear. I want Mr. Wonderful, Sporadic, and Does What Ever I Want. (Perhaps I should give up the romance novels...because does that really exist?) But then I have snapped back and realized that if he didn’t work and if he wasn’t who he is, then I would never have fallen in love with him in the first place. Once I dated a guy that did everything I wanted to do…and you know what?...He annoyed the heck out of me. If “Tim the Tool Man Taylor” always did what I wanted to do then I would have never learned how to venture out and try new things like lay and grout tile, go to a rodeo, or let him fly me around without a parachute (a blog for another day.) Sometimes I think the hardest job in life is being a girl. Then I think about the boys that have to put up with all of our complaining and nagging and the little things I have to go through daily doesn’t look near that bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment