Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Money Pit

Have you ever just had one of those days where enough is enough? You have had all you can take and you just wish the time would come to go to bed and wake up refreshed and renewed. This was my day! When I came home I wanted nothing more than to relax out by my pool and swim a couple of laps to relieve the stress from a hard day at work. I dreamed the whole way home about my pool until I pulled into my drive way and snapped back into reality. We live in the money pit.

Yes! I mean just like the movie. We bought this house in hopes to turn it around. We never expected how long it would take. We work nights and weekends to try to get it finished but lately we have spent more time fantasying rather than doing the hard labor. However, just when we decide to fix something, something else breaks. It is a never ending battle. Once, “Tim the Tool Man Taylor” worked on the plumbing and the power went out? How do you explain this one?

Tonight I wanted to come home, kick off my heels, and run until I felt the cold water between my toes! If I started to run I would have fallen into this:


This is our pool. We had the bright idea to drain the pool at the end of last summer in hopes to get a new pool liner by this past spring. Fools we were to think we would actually have the grading complete in the back yard. When we think we have our vision complete, “Tim the Tool Man Taylor” comes up with another idea for a pergola or outdoor kitchen. By the time we have fantasized of our dream backyard it has turned dark and we have yet to do physical work. I guess tonight I will just have to settle for a hot bath and lifetime movie and hope tomorrow I will have the energy to get out there and measure the pool for a new liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment