Thursday, July 16, 2009

Why I decided to blog...

It is sad. I have a daily routine that I am OCD about. And, it is not like waking up, brushing my teeth, shampooing before I shave…No! It is a daily internet routine. I come into work check my work email (which I have already seen once on my blackberry), I check g-mail, and Facebook, read my favorite blogs, check out the latest gossip with People and US magazine, and lastly I check all of the CBS Soaps. I have been addicted to the soap operas since a child because my grandmother only had a TV with channels 4, 7, and, 13. She loved Price Is Right so I guess she watched the soaps that came on afterwards. And still 20 years later I am still following Victor and Nikki Newman.
I tell you this because I am addicted to the internet. My favorite blog is Jasmine Star @
www.jasminestar.com. She is a photographer based out of Orange Beach, CA and I am in awe of her. She doesn’t know it but she is already my best friend and I have never met her. One day she was featured on another blog called The Pioneer Woman. My best friend in the world emailed me and asked if I had already visited The Pioneer Woman because she was voted best blog of the year. I immediately had to follow her @ www.thepioneerwoman.com. She inspired me to write my own blog. On her website she has this steamy love story (like a Danielle Steel novel) about how she, Pioneer Woman went from Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. As I started to read the story about how she met her husband “Marlboro Man,” I could not help to think about myself. No, I did not grow up in some big city or even as a country club girl but I did wear the latest fashion and travel long distances with my mother to shop at the finest boutiques. Now I find myself signing up to go to bull riding competitions and learning how to drive F-350 diesel pick-up trucks. I went from a small town/city girl to a country girl. As an only child, I always had everything I wanted and never had to work for it. Although my husband does provide me with everything I want and need, one thing this marriage has taught me is to work hard to have the best of everything. Needless to say, I have been seen shoveling dirt, laying sod, and even sanding down floors on our home. This is so I can have yard of the month (which I am far for achieving) or hardwood floors without thresholds (a word my contractor husband taught me.) (This is me sanding the floors in our newly remodeled kitchen.)

I went from being given everything to working and appreciating everything I have. So when I am always complaining about living in the worst house in our zip code, at night I go to bed with a husband that loves me more than words can say and I know that one day my hard work will pay off. When you get a few extra hours, sit down with a cup of coffee or a large glass of wine and read about the Pioneer Woman and her sexy Marlboro Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment