Monday, July 20, 2009

My Half Year’s Resolution starts TODAY!

I have finally realized what it means when everyone said “Don’t let yourself go after you get married.” I know…it has only been 2 ½ months since we have been married but I have become lazy. I definitely have the “I got my man now why do I need to impress him” attitude. I worked really hard for a year before the wedding. Hitting the gym at least 5 days a week and I paid a personal trainer once a week. I was in great shape. I had lost a good bit of weight (thanks to Tosca Reno and “The Clean Eating Diet”) and my husband always commented on how good I was looking. I have always been one for fashion and would put on my makeup just to walk to the mailbox.

However, after the wedding it seems like I just don’t care as much. I am still paying the gym monthly, but not going. I am almost too embarrassed to walk in there because I know the “girls” will be talking about me, how I was looking so good and how could I gain that much weight back in a short amount of time. Luckily for me, I really don’t see those girls outside of the gym.
You would think two of my best friends would inspire me. I have one best friend we call “Mrs. Fitness” she never misses a day at the gym and she will drink two liters of water before each beer. Then my other best friend wakes up at 5am each day before work and does at least an hour long cardio session. Hello, why have they not started an intervention on my butt?

This weekend was a wake up call when I realized on Saturday I had eaten 5 full meals…and Sunday I ate 5 cookies. WHAT? I never eat these kinds of things. Also, last weekend I went with “Tim the Tool Man Taylor” to Home Depot (our second home.) When I came downstairs he looked at me and I knew what he was thinking without him saying a word. (You are wearing that?, with your hair like that?, no makeup?, maybe you should change those tight jeans.) I had fallen into the rut of letting myself go!

So today I start my own intervention and Half Year’s Resolution! I just hope that someone doesn’t bring in the weekly Krispy Kreme doughnuts… the downfall of working ½ mile from that sweet tasting delicious goodness of Krispy Kreme. I figure if I at least blog about it and tell others it might inspire me to actually drive my car into the gym parking lot tonight… instead of driving by the parking lot on my way to get french fries from McDonalds.

1 comment:

  1. I saw you today and you look great!
    Stay away from the KK doughnuts and you'll be JUST fine :)

    ReplyDelete