Monday, August 3, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...

While I am writing this blog I am singing “Mary Poppins”…"These are a few of my favorite things.” This past week I have encountered some pretty amazing things that I must share. As I have said before…I love the internet! This week I discovered a new website http://www.polyvore.com/. Can I just say AWESOME. I am sure that fashion people in the LA and New York area would say it has been around for years but for me it is a new found obsession. You can pick your favorite clothing website, favorite celebrity, or even search for the word “high heels.” This site enables users to go on there and select clothes or accessories and put them together in a collage. It is so cool that I can search “forever 21” and see their latest clothes mixed with other accessories. Now please be aware the other accessories could costs thousands of dollars but the dress might only be $23.00! Whooo Hooo!

Also this week I am praising my Shark Steam Mop! It is so cool that I can clean all of my hardwoods in less than 5 minutes. We hosted a small cookout this weekend and the next morning clean up was so easy! I recommend a steam mop to all of those poor OCD souls like me who feel like they need to mop nightly.

And now for the biggest surprise of all….."Tim the Tool Man Taylor” has started to build our front porch. Shocked I know! This isn’t a big deal for all of you, but to me this is the ultimate gift. Let me take you through the process…

Stone Hedge: The beginning stages of our cement porch without a roof or columns. Now don't judge me on that "thin mint" 70's green siding. Or the awesome black eagle. I know you want that eagle... I will start the bidding at $10! Any takers??

And now the roof begins: I did threaten "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" with his life if he did not finish this project.



And today I come home to find this... YAY to no shutters and hardie siding!


Stay tuned for the final product...I am off to try to start the grill and not burn our new roof down!

No comments:

Post a Comment