Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our 3 Month Wedding Anniversary

Tomorrow, August 12th, marks our three month wedding anniversary. I could not help but reminisce back to our three month dating anniversary when “Tim the Tool Man Taylor” came to my mom’s front porch with 3 red roses. It was the sweetest thing I had ever seen however; my mother had a different opinion. I will never forget her face when she saw him standing there with those roses and my “goo goo gah gah” eyes blinking at him. I am not sure what she thought, but her eyes, and her facial expression were not happy by no means! Could it be that this guy was trying to sweep her baby girl off of her feet? Or was he just another sleazy guy that had stepped into her life that she was spending every waking moment with? I never asked her but “Tim the Tool Man Taylor” sensed her anxiety and needless to say I never received roses again until 3 years into our relationship. Now, I just look back and think how crazy I was over this guy I had only known for 3 months and I would have never guessed I would be married to him 4 years later and be crazier about him.

This week I realized two more reasons I love “Tim the Tool Man Taylor” more and more:

1. It makes me crack up every time he ignores me. Sometimes I make him do it on purpose… like when he is watching his favorite tv show and he doesn’t want to be interrupted I will say something important and if he doesn’t respond back to me I make up something along the lines of “I am having purple alien babies” just to see if he is really listening. I get a kick out of making up these absurd lines every time.

2. One thing about being married to or dating a contractor (as I am sure with any other job) is they don’t want to work on a project at home if they have been working all day. For example, this week I come home to find this new contraption:


Yes! This is a bar of soap on one of my hair rubber bands holding down the drain for the tub to drain out the water. I mean, I understand that this is the ugliest bathroom in history and that soon it will be replaced with a new master closet so why spend the money on new bathroom hardware? But….it only took us 11 months to build the roof on our porch to get rid of Stone Hedge… so how long will it take to fix the tub? I love my husband and all of his quick fixes!
Happy 3 month Anniversary Mr. Fix-It!

No comments:

Post a Comment