Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

Tomorrow is my 25th birthday! WOO HOO!! I decided long ago that this would be the last birthday that I would celebrate because in my opinion it is the age where I feel and sound “OLD.” I am no longer a teenager or in my early twenties. There are days I will think to myself that I still feel like I am 16 and then I quickly bounce back to reality when I check the mailbox and now I have all these bills to pay and Mommy is not there to rely on. When you are younger you always think about where you would be in 10 years. This was the question they always tried to prepare you for in high school, but in all honesty you never really know. When I was 15, I always thought by the age of 25 I would move away, live in this big city, and be making MEGA bucks .(Yeah I had big dreams!) Not living in the country, only a few miles from home, and working for peanuts.

Recently I have realized that getting old really STINKS! Here are the Top 5 reasons I am getting old:

5. Instead of having lunch dates with my girlfriends I find myself strolling through places like Barnes and Noble looking for good reads.

4. We went to a bar that I use to frequent while in college and while we were there, I realized I was the oldest girl there.

3. I can now use the word century to refer to my age. As one of my best friends told me this week “Holy Cow you are turning a quarter of a century old.” Thanks MO!

2. My friends call me “Gladys” because I have a form of osteoarthritis and I do have a rheumatologist on speed dial.

1. Tomorrow is the last day I get to look forward to something special for a long time. I can now rent a car and my insurance is lowered. Next, I will be looking forward to AARP and the senior citizen coffee at Hardees, but at least they have invented BOTOX since then! I intend to be a 60 year old still looking 25!

2 comments: