Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mental Break-down

I have been a mess…a complete and total wreck over the last few weeks….

Not only has my life been turned upside down over the last few months with the following….

1. It started with my own wedding this past May.
2. My mom got engaged
3. My mom sold her house and moved
4. My step sister had a baby
5. My mom’s wedding is in one week
6. My new step dad is in the process of selling his home
7. This weekend they are shopping for a new home
8. And did I mention my mom is getting married in one week and I am in charge of all the planning….

I am not sure where the time went… it feels like yesterday Tim the Tool Man Taylor and I were engaged, now I feel like we have been married over 20 years with a home that never seems to complete itself. I told a friend last night if I could give everything I own away I would accept an empty but complete home. But that isn’t necessarily true; I would always keep my new found leopard print couch (Thanks Mom!). We are just so frustrated and have completely neglected our home. Not to mention this wonderful recession we are having is not much help!

However, two weekends ago Tim the Tool Man Taylor reminds me that are making progress… it might be a little progress…but nonetheless progress.

Let me introduce you to my new rain barrel….fully equipped to hold thousands of gallons of water. You know because we are going “Green” now.



What the heck does “Green” mean anyway….I definitely like the concept but I have seen nothing that comes along with it worth my while. This barrel is supposed to hold rain water that will be used to water my beautiful lawn. Who the heck is going to be driving down my road looking at my beautiful lawn when they are blinded by the bright green siding and a huge hole in the ground? And now, Tim the Tool Man Taylor wants to build compost….no one will want to visit us because that junk stinks for miles and miles. Last week he put cow manure on my lawn to help it grow. I don’t know about you but this going “Green” is for the birds where I am concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment